Undoubtedly, we do not enjoy the characteristic smell of cat urine in our rooms.
The unpleasant smell is usually due to the gradual degradation of organic material, and enzyme cleaners can combat this.
In today’s post, we’ll consider factors before choosing the best cat urine remover and our recommended selections.
Table of Contents
- What Are Enzyme Cleaners?
- Cat Urine Remover Buying Guide
- The 10 Best Cat Urine Removers
- Hepper Advanced Bio-Enzyme Pet Stain & Odor Eliminator Spray
- Simple Solution Yard Odor Away – Best Urine Remover for Yards
- Rocco & Roxie Supply Co. Oxy Stain Remover
- Nature’s Miracle Cat Urine Destroyer
- Scotchgard OXY Pet Spot & Stain Remover Carpet & Fabric
- Hoover Paws & Claws Multi-surface Floor Cleaner
- Angry Orange Pet Odor Eliminator
- Simple Solution Pet Stain & Odor Remover Enzyme
- Clorox Commercial Solutions Urine Remover
- Thornell Cat Odor-Off
What Are Enzyme Cleaners?
Enzymes are good microorganisms that digest lipids, proteins, and carbohydrates. Enzyme cleaners use enzymes and bacteria to remove stains that standard detergents cannot.
Cat Urine Remover Buying Guide
While you’ll find several cat urine removers in the market, settling for a perfect fit can be daunting. So, in this section, we will outline the criteria to consider during your shopping.
The concentration of a cat urine remover often guarantees an odor-free linen or clothing your cat soiled. But for reliability purposes, have both un-concentrated and concentrated picks for different circumstances.
Viewing a cat urine remover alone can be deceiving when researching the products.
Thus, it is crucial to go through customer reviews. Nonetheless, certify that the product is safer and not just effective because it can be cheap and great but chemical-ladened.
Easy to use
Choosing a cat urine remover should also depend on your need. For example, a remover in a spray bottle comes in handy while spot-cleaning.
Combination with repellents
Cats usually frequent their favorite spots, and pushing them away can be difficult. Luckily, some essential oils deter them from their marked territories.
When buying a cat urine remover, a natural one with repelling features should be a priority.
Compatibility with surface
Cats can spray anywhere on the carpet, couch bedding, wooden surfaces, or the floor.
Therefore, buying a single product that can work on various surfaces without causing damage or leaving a stain is ideal.
Safe for your cat
Your cat’s and your family’s safety always comes first. When shopping online, ensure you cautiously review the information or instructions the manufacturer wrote.
If it’s a physical store, check for the labels to confirm the absence of non-toxic chemicals and the usage of natural ingredients.
The 10 Best Cat Urine Removers
In no particular order, our ten most preferred cat urine removers include the following;
Hepper Advanced Bio-Enzyme Pet Stain & Odor Eliminator Spray
- First, it doesn’t require mixing.
- Then, it is cost-effective and works effectively.
- It can remove odors and dissolve stains while removing other scents like vomit and feces.
- Unfortunately, you’ll need to leave the product to sit on the stain for at least an hour for maximum results.
Simple Solution Yard Odor Away – Best Urine Remover for Yards
- It can work on different surfaces like law furniture, sidewalks, deck, and porch.
- It has easy usability.
- Thirdly, it can cover up to 25,000 sq ft.
- You can’t use it around pets since it’s strictly for outdoor use.
- Furthermore, it has detergent that can irritate your family or cat.
Rocco & Roxie Supply Co. Oxy Stain Remover
- Besides, cat-specific messes can also work on several other stains.
- In addition, it is effective in old stains.
- Its mint scent is also appealing.
- You will need more than a single treatment to remove darker stains.
Nature’s Miracle Cat Urine Destroyer
- It eliminates set stains and works quickly.
- Secondly, it is a multi-surface cat urine remover.
- It has a strong smell that may linger around for a long time.
Scotchgard OXY Pet Spot & Stain Remover Carpet & Fabric
- It’s ideal for removing stains.
- It additionally has a mild scent.
- It may not sufficiently work when removing odors.
Hoover Paws & Claws Multi-surface Floor Cleaner
- It is a multi-surface cleaner working on brickwork, grouting, ceramic bathroom tiling, and concrete floors.
- Moreover, you can utilize it in both business and domestic surroundings.
- Take extra caution when using the product since it isn’t an organic mixture.
Angry Orange Pet Odor Eliminator
- The manufacturers back up the product with a 100% money-back guarantee.
- Secondly, it comes as a concentrated or ready-to-use formula.
- Lastly, it neutralizes scents and odors effectively and quickly.
- Though not reported yet, there has been a concern about citrus oil (an ingredient) being toxic to cats.
Simple Solution Pet Stain & Odor Remover Enzyme
- It can clean multiple surfaces and is safe for cats and kids.
- Then, it successfully eliminates cat odor and urine via enzymes and bacteria.
- It won’t work at all times in clearing urine smell.
Clorox Commercial Solutions Urine Remover
- Its stain removal includes substances like vomit, blood, wine, cat urine, and fecal matter.
- What’s more, it’s a multiple-surface cleaner.
- It has a strong chemical scent.
- In addition, it’ll need repeated treatments to remove hard and old stains.
Thornell Cat Odor-Off
- You can use it in many places, including kennels, clinics, and homes.
- It is a multi-surface cleaner.
- Finally, you can safely use it around cats.
- It can have a strong, pungent smell.
- It requires diluting to avoid damaging or staining surfaces.
How do I get rid of the cat urine smell on concrete?
For this process, you’ll need to make a solution with two cups of warm water and a cup of distilled white vinegar. Next, use a spray bottle to apply the solution on the surface.
Alternatively, a scrub brush will suffice in spreading the vinegar solution evenly on that area.
What neutralizes cat urine?
Baking soda, an extracting wet vac, and enzyme cat urine removers often neutralize cat urine.
What scent will keep cats from peeing in a spot?
Briefly, essential oils. Cats dislike eucalyptus, peppermint, lemon, citronella, orange, and lavender scents.
The ratio of the mixture should be 20 drops of essential oil to one cup of water (minimum) to reduce the oil’s intensity.
Does regular charcoal absorb the odor of cat pee?
Yes, you can also use charcoal to absorb the smell of cat urine. However, it may only be effective for one spot your cat pees in and not multiple areas in a room.
(The cute cat is lying on the carpet)
In summary, consider more factors like the concentration, surface worked on, pricing, etc., when buying a cat stain and odor remover.
High-quality cat urine removers like the ones in our articles should be great for a start.